Find out how added value can be created in the control and movement of goods
• Learn the strategic factors affecting the choice of a distribution network
• Compare in-house versus third party logistics service providers (3PLs)
• Understand security in transport activities
• Manage returns from customers and reverse logistics
• Learn about the concept of unit loads: pallets, roll cages, tote boxes
• Identify transport costs: fixed and variable
• Understand the key elements of designing transportation networks.
• Be able to conduct network analysis
• Learn about Distribution Modelling, simulation Operations research techniques, including queuing theory, decision trees; Distribution requirements planning (DRP); Logistics information systems (LIS); Order Management systems (OMS); Warehouse management systems (WMS); Transport Management systems (TMS).
This is a highly interactive and participative course with participants gaining a detailed understanding of Transport Management.
A practical and interactive workshop, the course is designed for staff involved in transport/logistics function within their organisations who are seeking an opportunity to develop, review or implement a transport system.
DATES and VENUES
To Be Confirmed.
€230 ISME Skillnet Members, €315 Non Members
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO BOOK CONTACT:
Sheila Flannery, Training and Development Manager, 01 6622 755, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISME Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.