The aim of this course is to ensure you recruit the right people for your company. Gain the skills and knowledge required to effectively define the role and competences required for your company, source candidates and conduct the interview process.
- Introduction and overview:
- What is involved in the Recruitment and Selection Process?
- How to keep it simple and effective.
- Current Legislation.
- Developing Talent Retention techniques.
- Defining the job role to retain talent
- What does your business require of this role?
- What are your expectations of how quickly this will happen?
- What qualifications, experience and behaviors are required?
- How does the role compare to roles in other sectors?
- What is the attraction of this role to the talent pool?
- What is the salary and conditions?
- How to write the job description to underpin your talent retention approach.
- Sourcing candidates and setting up the inerview
- Identifying the aspects of the role that will support retention of talent.
- Placing the job to attract appropriate talent.
- Engagement with applicants regarding queries.
- Setting up interviews.
- How to carry out an effective interview
- Best Practice.
- Overview on:
- Asking appropriate questions.
- Listening with objectivity.
- Clarifying details.
- reviewing challenging situations.
- Practical interview session
- Demonstration interview session with 2/3 candidates followed by discussion and questions
- Developing interview records & feedback
- Legal context for note-taking.
- FOI requirements.
- Allocating marks at interview.
- How to give feedback to candidates.
- The importance of the probationary period to support your talent retention approach.
This is a highly interactive and participative course where participants can develop an job description and interview plan.
Those responsible for recruitment
DATES and VENUES
- 16th May 2018. 9:30am - 5:00pm, ISME, Dublin 2.
1 day course: €230 ISME Skillnet Members, €325 Non Members.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO BOOK CONTACT:
Sheila Flannery, Training and Development Manager, 01 6622 755, email@example.com.
The ISME Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.