This project’s objectives are to: Equip team leaders, managers and enterprises with the skills and behaviours to meet the challenge of managing remote teams, and to exploit the benefits afforded by the use of remote team-working. It will draw from and build on the results of earlier projects and research and, through the assessment of 150 managers, it will result in a new understanding of the challenges faced by and the current practices of enterprises, regarding the management of remote teams.
ISME will utilise the TeamMate360 assessment platform to enable managers of virtual teams to assess the performance of their teams and their own performance as a virtual team leader. Unlike many 360 degree assessment tools, TeamMate360 goes further than just reporting on the results of the assessment. The ISME TeamMate360 reports will include a set of practical development actions enabling virtual team leaders to implement practical ideas and strategies to improve team performance.
PROJECT ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Development of the 360 skills assessment tool - use with remote team-working leaders (UK, Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, Greece and Spain)
- Preparation of a curriculum for a new VET course and training the trainer programme to equip over 150 managers with the knowledge and competence to manage remote teams in Partner countries.
- Conducting a comparative analysis of remote team-working practices of enterprises and managers from six European countries.
- Publishing a set of national management skills benchmarking reports.
- Dissemination of the project results to stakeholders across Europe.
- TeamMate Model
- TeamMate On-line Assessment Tool
- Team Leader and Manager Course