Learning & Development
Lets be honest, Tax Training can be a bit of a bore. We want to make training you in this very important area of business life as interesting as possible, with lessons from our training team that promise to be both informative and fun.
Deirdre O’Keeffe is a qualified tax technician through the Irish Tax Institute, accounting technician and payroll technician and is fiercely passionate about gaining as many skills and as much knowledge as possible in order to provide her clients with a first class training service.
DATE & TIME: Tuesday the 27th September, 8am to 12pm
COST: €55 non-member / €45 member, OR purchase essential vat, intermediate and advanced vat for €150 non-member / €125 here
- An Introduction to the concept of Valued Added Tax
- The European Dimension of VAT
- The European Court of Justice (ECJ) and its role in Irish VAT
- VAT – how it differs from other taxes
- How VAT works
- Taxable Persons and Accountable Persons
- Exemption from VAT
- VAT Thresholds
- Determining turnover for VAT purposes
- Sales invoice basis for VAT versus the Monies Received basis
- How to register for VAT
- Are VAT registration applications always approved?
- Rates of VAT
- How to check current VAT rates
- Recovery of VAT – deductible and non-deductible VAT
- Resale and non-resale VAT – why does it matter?
- VAT Invoicing
- Basic bookkeeping for VAT
- Frequency of VAT Returns
- Filing a VAT Return (VAT3)
Members please log in to avail of your discount