Spector presented a webinar on the current cyber-crime trends affecting SMEs today. They explained, in plain English, what the main threats are and how best to prepare your practice against them.They provided guidance, vendor recommendations and a checklist that will assist you in improving your cyber security posture.
The aim of the course (below) is to outline common Cyber Security threats to SMEs with 6 clear steps that SMEs of all sizes can implement to defend against cyber criminals and hackers.
You can watch back below
Spector have also provided 4 resources to help SMEs with their cyber security.
These four resources can be downloaded here.
- Self Assessment Cyber Checklist: A simple, yet effective way to evaluate your current cyber security structure. Answer the questions and find where you can improve.
- Sample Policy Books: Read and adapt these policy books to your business, so your staff and providers know how to act upon distinct situations and improve your overall security.
- Asset Register Sample: This intuitive spreadsheet will help you identify and prioritise all your assets, both technological and physical, as well as assign responsibilities to each of them.
- Slides and notes from Webinar: Last but not least, you’ll get slides and notes from the presentation to keep your mind fresh with the most crucial cyber security info.
Watch Back: Protecting your business from Cybercriminals
Re-watch this online panel discussion about protecting your business from cybercriminals. Brought to you by the Department of Justice and An Garda Síochána as part of European Cybersecurity Month.
Who took part?
Neil McDonnell, ISME CEO chaired the discussion with the following guests:
- Jacky Fox, Managing Director, Accenture Security Ireland
- Brian Honan, CEO and Principal Consultant, BH Consulting
- Donna O’Shea, Chair of Cybersecurity, Munster Institute of Technology
- Detective Chief Superintendent Paul Cleary, Head of the Garda National Cyber Crime Bureau
- Detective Superintendent Pat Ryan, Garda National Cyber Crime Bureau